By Greg Milette, Adam Stroud
Learn to construct human-interactive Android apps, beginning with gadget sensors
This publication exhibits Android builders find out how to make the most the wealthy set of machine sensors—locational, actual (temperature, strain, mild, acceleration, etc.), cameras, microphones, and speech recognition—in order to construct totally human-interactive Android purposes. even if supplying hands-free instructions or checking your blood strain, Professional Android Sensor Programming exhibits how you can flip risk into reality.
The authors offer thoughts that bridge the space among gaining access to sensors and placing them to significant use in real-world events. They not just make it easier to use the sensor comparable APIs successfully, in addition they describe the way to use assisting Android OS parts to construct whole structures. alongside the best way, they supply ideas to difficulties that as a rule ensue while utilizing Android's sensors, with demonstrated, real-world examples. finally, this valuable source presents in-depth, runnable code examples for you to then adapt on your personal applications.
- Shows skilled Android builders easy methods to take advantage of the wealthy set of Android phone sensors to construct human-interactive Android apps
- Explores Android locational and actual sensors (including temperature, strain, mild, acceleration, etc.), in addition to cameras, microphones, and speech recognition
- Helps programmers use the Android sensor APIs, use Android OS elements to construct entire structures, and remedy universal problems
- Includes distinctive, practical code that you should adapt and use to your personal applications
- Shows you the way to effectively enforce real-world suggestions utilizing every one classification of sensors for making a choice on place, studying actual sensors, dealing with photos and audio, and spotting and performing on speech
Learn easy methods to write courses for this attention-grabbing element of cellular app improvement with Professional Android Sensor Programming.
PHP builders will locate this booklet fast takes their internet program development talents to new degrees. it is a likelihood to benefit Zend Framework 2.0 via actual global examples and an related to hands-on process.
- Master program improvement with Zend Framework 2.0
- Learn approximately Zend Framework elements and use them for features comparable to looking out, picture processing, and check gateway integrations
- Integrate third-party prone for media sharing and check processing
ZF2 is the most recent replace to the well known Zend Framework. This model has significantly eased the method of creating complicated internet purposes with minimum improvement attempt utilizing plug and play elements. ZF2 additionally presents a hugely strong and scalable framework for constructing net applications.
"Zend Framework 2.0 through instance: Beginner’s advisor" will consultant you thru the method of constructing robust net purposes utilizing ZF2. It covers all elements of Zend Framework program improvement correct from install and configuration; the projects are designed in a fashion that readers can simply comprehend and use them to construct their very own functions with ease.
"Zend Framework 2.0 through instance: Beginner’s advisor" starts off with the fundamental install and configuration of the Zend Framework. As you move during the routines, you are going to develop into completely accustomed to ZF2. With this e-book, you'll know about the fundamental thoughts of creating stable MVC net functions utilizing Zend Framework 2.0. The distinctive step by step directions will make it easier to construct performance comparable to a gaggle chat, a dossier & media sharing provider, seek, and an easy shop to call a number of. additionally, you will use quite a lot of exterior modules to enforce positive factors that aren't natively to be had. by way of the tip of the e-book, you may be good versed in development advanced, functionality-rich internet purposes utilizing Zend Framework 2.0.
"Zend Framework 2.0 through instance: Beginner’s consultant" presents every little thing that you simply desire for development functionality-rich net purposes with uncomplicated genuine global examples and tasks.
What you'll examine from this book
- Install and configure Zend Framework 2.0
- Familiarize your self with construction Zend Framework 2.0 purposes and recover versed with Zend Framework 2 MVC
- Discover tips on how to use kinds, validation, and authentication
- Understand versions and database access
- Create a communications program together with chat and e-mail
- Implement searches utilizing Apache Lucene
- Build your personal e-commerce shop with PayPal integration
- Learn find out how to create HTML5 net applications
"Zend Framework 2.0 via instance: Beginner’s advisor" is a step by step advisor that goals to empower you to construct internet purposes choked with a few quite interesting good points utilizing Zend Framework 2.0.
Who this ebook is written for
If you're a Hypertext Preprocessor Developer who's new to Zend Framework, yet you must get hands-on with the product speedy, this booklet is for you. easy wisdom of item orientated programming with personal home page is expected.
By Yaron Minsky, Anil Madhavapeddy, Jason Hickey
This fast-moving instructional introduces you to OCaml, an industrial-strength programming language designed for expressiveness, defense, and pace. during the book’s many examples, you’ll fast find out how OCaml stands proud as a device for writing speedy, succinct, and readable platforms code.
Real international OCaml takes you thru the strategies of the language at a brisk speed, after which is helping you discover the instruments and strategies that make OCaml a good and functional device. within the book’s 3rd part, you’ll delve deep into the main points of the compiler toolchain and OCaml’s easy and effective runtime system.
- Learn the principles of the language, equivalent to higher-order capabilities, algebraic information forms, and modules
- Explore complex positive aspects similar to functors, firstclass modules, and objects
- Leverage middle, a complete general-purpose normal library for OCaml
- Design powerful and reusable libraries, taking advantage of OCaml’s method of abstraction and modularity
- Tackle useful programming difficulties from command-line parsing to asynchronous community programming
- Examine profiling and interactive debugging ideas with instruments akin to GNU gdb
By Jeanine Meyer
- Shows tips on how to produce functions combining Canvas drawings, photographs, and video clips
- Explains find out how to comprise Google Maps and geolocation into your initiatives
- Reveals tips to construct functions requiring continual information, storing the data in the community or on a database at the server
By Patrick L. Anderson
This booklet takes contemporary theoretical advances in Finance and Economics and exhibits how they are often applied within the genuine global. It provides strategies for utilizing mathematical and simulation versions to unravel complicated initiatives of forecasting source of revenue, valuing companies, predicting retail revenues, and comparing markets and tax and regulatory difficulties.
Business Economics and Finance with Matlab, GIS, and Simulation types provides a special assessment of refined enterprise and monetary purposes. It describes types which have been constructed for research of retail revenues, tax coverage, situation, financial influence, public coverage concerns, and different demanding situations confronted via executives, traders, and economists every day. It additionally bargains groundbreaking perception into the numerous calculation and modeling instruments that may be remotely hosted and run over the web, leading to monstrous consumer advantages and value reductions.
This e-book is the 1st to completely discover the functions of MATLAB within the box of commercial economics, and clarify how some great benefits of subtle mathematical versions might be supplied to clients through the net, utilizing a thin-client surroundings. Many options without delay contain geographic info and GIS in a fashion that was once most unlikely till relatively lately. a few recommendations, equivalent to fuzzy good judgment, retail revenues, monetary and financial influence types, and different Matlab and Simulink types, are defined for the 1st time in print during this e-book. The sections on enterprise source of revenue and price holiday new floor through without delay incorporating uncertainty, actual alternative price, and prediction of variables utilizing Ito and bounce techniques. utilizing dozens of examples, 1000's of references, and rigorous causes of either concept and perform, it is going to turn into a prized reference for analysts difficult the easiest techniques.
This flexible ebook is a smart paintings significant other if you are a SQL Server database expert who desires to take advantage of the possibility of PowerShell. Dip into the recipes or deal with it like a coaching direction - the alternative is yours.
- Provides over 100 sensible recipes that make the most of PowerShell to automate, combine and simplify SQL Server tasks
- Offers effortless to persist with, step by step advisor to getting the main out of SQL Server and PowerShell
- Covers quite a few instructions, advice, and motives on how and while to take advantage of PowerShell cmdlets, WMI, SMO, .NET sessions or different components
- Builds a robust origin that will get you cozy utilizing PowerShell with SQL Server--empowering you to create extra complicated scripts that you just want on your daily job
PowerShell is Microsoft's new command-line shell and scripting language that supplies to simplify automation and integration throughout varied Microsoft purposes and parts. Database execs can leverage PowerShell through the use of its a number of integrated cmdlets, or utilizing any of the available .NET sessions, to automate database initiatives, simplify integration, or simply observe new how you can accomplish the task at hand.
"SQL Server 2012 with PowerShell V3 Cookbook" offers easy-to-follow, useful examples for the busy database expert. even if you are auditing your servers, or exporting info, or deploying studies, there's a recipe so that you can use correct away!
You commence with uncomplicated issues to get you going with SQL Server and PowerShell scripts and development into extra complex issues that will help you deal with and administer your SQL Server databases.
The first few chapters exhibit how one can paintings with SQL Server settings and items, together with exploring gadgets, developing databases, configuring server settings, and acting inventories. The ebook then deep dives into extra management subject matters like backup and repair, credentials, rules, jobs, snapshots, guides, and subscriptions.
Additional improvement and BI-specific issues also are explored, together with deploying and downloading assemblies, BLOB info, SSIS applications, and SSRS reports.
A brief PowerShell primer can be supplied as a complement within the Appendix, which the database specialist can use as a refresher or occasional reference fabric. jam-packed with greater than a hundred sensible, ready-to-use scripts, "SQL Server 2012 with PowerShell V3 Cookbook" could be your go-to reference in automating and handling SQL Server.
What you'll study from this book
- Create a list of database homes and server configuration settings
- Backup and restoration databases
- Execute queries to a number of servers
- Maintain permissions and protection for users
- Import and export XML into SQL Server
- Extract CLR assemblies and BLOB items from the database
- Explore database items
- Manage and installation SSIS applications and SSRS reports
- Manage and computer screen working SQL Server companies and accounts
- Parse and reveal the contents of hint files
- Create SQL Server jobs, indicators and operators
- Find blockading methods which are hampering your database performance
By E. Gabriella Coleman
Who are machine hackers? what's unfastened software program? And what does the emergence of a group devoted to the creation of loose and open resource software--and to hacking as a technical, aesthetic, and ethical project--reveal in regards to the values of latest liberalism? Exploring the increase and political importance of the loose and open resource software program (F/OSS) move within the usa and Europe, Coding Freedom info the ethics at the back of hackers' devotion to F/OSS, the social codes that advisor its creation, and the political struggles during which hackers query the scope and course of copyright and patent legislation. In telling the tale of the F/OSS move, the booklet unfolds a broader narrative regarding computing, the politics of entry, and highbrow estate.
E. Gabriella Coleman tracks the ways that hackers collaborate and examines passionate manifestos, hacker humor, loose software program venture governance, and festive hacker meetings. taking a look at the ways in which hackers maintain their efficient freedom, Coleman exhibits that those activists, pushed by way of a dedication to their paintings, reformulate key beliefs together with loose speech, transparency, and meritocracy, and refuse restrictive highbrow protections. Coleman demonstrates how hacking, so frequently marginalized or misunderstood, sheds gentle at the carrying on with relevance of liberalism in on-line collaboration.
By Dave MacLean
Android Fragments is a 100-page quickly commence sped up advisor to studying and fast utilizing Android fragments. you will the way to code for fragments; take care of config adjustments; code for normal vs. fragmented dialogs; paintings with personal tastes and saving country; paintings with the compatibility library; and deal with complex async projects and development dialogs.
After analyzing and utilizing this e-book, that is in response to fabric from the best-selling Pro Android, you may be an Android UI savant. not less than, your apps' person interfaces and occasion dealing with may be extra aggressive and higher acting, in particular for tablet-optimized UIs and occasions.
What you’ll learn
- What are Android fragments
- How to paintings and code for fragments
- How to answer configuration changes
- How to do standard and fragmented dialogs
- How to paintings with personal tastes and saving state
- How to paintings with the compatibility library
- How to deal with complicated async projects and development dialogs
Who this booklet is for
This publication is for skilled Android app builders short of better consumer interfaces and their habit.
Table of Contents
1. Fragments Fundamentals
2. Responding to Configuration Changes
3. Dialogs: typical and Fragment
4. operating with personal tastes and Saving State
5. Compatibility Library
6. complex Async activity & growth Dialogs
By Joshua D. Suereth
Scala in Depth is a special new publication designed that will help you combine Scala successfully into your improvement strategy. via offering the rising most sensible practices and designs from the Scala group, it courses you thru dozens of strong suggestions instance by way of example.
About the Book
Scala is a strong JVM language that blends the practical and OO programming versions. you will have no hassle getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it is demanding to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. you can find them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed concept here—just dozens of crisp, functional suggestions for coding in Scala. Written for readers who recognize Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
buy of the print publication comes with a proposal of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle e-book from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the booklet.
- Concise, expressive, and readable code style
- How to combine Scala into your current Java projects
- Scala's 2.8.0 collections API
- How to take advantage of actors for concurrent programming
- Mastering the Scala sort system
- Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
- Functional recommendations and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
Table of Contents
- Scala—a combined language
- The middle rules
- Modicum of style—coding conventions
- Utilizing item orientation
- Using implicits to jot down expressive code
- The style system
- Using implicits and kinds together
- Using the perfect collection
- Integrating Scala with Java
- Patterns in sensible programming
Programming Languages and Operational Semantics: A Concise Overview (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science)
By Maribel Fernández
This concise advent to the fundamental suggestions in modern programming languages includes a host of illustrative examples. It explains glossy primary, useful, and logic-based languages in addition to giving readers the instruments to layout new ones.