By Rik Van Bruggen
Run blazingly speedy queries on complicated graph datasets with the facility of the Neo4j graph database
About This Book
- Get accustomed to graph database platforms and observe them in real-world use cases
- Get begun with Neo4j, a distinct NOSQL database method that specializes in tackling information complexity
- A sensible advisor packed with pattern queries, deploy systems, and necessary tips to different details sources
Who This ebook Is For
This booklet is for builders who wish another technique to shop and procedure information inside their functions. No earlier graph database event is needed; despite the fact that, a few uncomplicated database wisdom may also help you already know the innovations extra easily.
What you'll Learn
- Background and requirements of graph databases
- Install Neo4j on various assorted structures, in the community and within the cloud
- Model facts for a graph database resembling Neo4j
- Import information into Neo4j
- Learn approximately pattern use instances for Neo4j
- Discover some great benefits of graph databases as opposed to different database models
- Find out the place you will find additional info on Neo4j
Learning Neo4j will give you a step by step procedure of adopting Neo4j, the world's top graph database. This publication contains a lot of historical past info, is helping you clutch the elemental strategies in the back of this radical new approach of facing hooked up facts, and should provide you with plenty of examples of use instances and environments the place a graph database will be an exceptional fit.
Starting with a short advent to graph conception, this booklet will express you some great benefits of utilizing graph databases. Following on from that, you can be brought to Neo4j and you'll be proven tips to set up Neo4j on a number of working structures. you'll then be proven how one can version and import your info into Neo4j.
This ebook has use case examples that would allow you to version and enforce a graph in Neo4j by means of examining a consumer case, and study the impression a transformation has on a strategy or a method. additionally, you will achieve an perception into graph visualization ideas for Neo4j and detect exterior assets the place you could research extra approximately Neo4j.
By James Keogh, Mario Giannini
Study object-oriented programming very quickly with support from this easy-to-understand consultant, excellent for beginner and specialist programmers alike. observe why items are such a success because the version for this kind of programming and the way gadgets are categorized. Distinguish among how humans see the realm and the way desktops “see” it. know about attributes and techniques, inheritance, polymorphism, real-world and case modeling, object-oriented programming languages, and masses extra. each one bankruptcy ends with a quiz, culminating in a last examination on the finish of the booklet so that you can attempt your wisdom.
By Jeff Six
With the Android platform speedy turning into a goal of malicious hackers, software safeguard is important. This concise ebook offers the data you want to layout and enforce strong, rugged, and safe apps for any Android gadget. You’ll the best way to determine and deal with the hazards inherent on your layout, and paintings to reduce a hacker’s chance to compromise your app and thieve person data.
How is the Android platform based to deal with defense? What providers and instruments can be found that can assist you safeguard information? Up previously, no unmarried source has supplied this very important info. With this advisor, you’ll find out how to handle genuine threats in your app, even if you could have past adventure with protection issues.
- Examine Android’s structure and protection version, and the way it isolates the filesystem and database
- Learn the best way to use Android permissions and limited approach APIs
- Explore Android part forms, and how you can safe communications in a multi-tier app
- Use cryptographic instruments to guard info saved on an Android device
- Secure the information transmitted from the machine to different events, together with the servers that have interaction together with your app
By Wei-Meng Lee
Understand Android OS for either cellphone and pill programming
This fast paced creation to the most recent unlock of Android OS supplies aspiring cellular app builders what they should understand to application for trendy preferred Android smartphones and pills. Android four OS is, for the 1st time, a unmarried answer for either smartphones and capsules, so in case you grasp the data during this invaluable advisor, you may be good in your technique to winning improvement for either units. From utilizing actions and intents and growing wealthy person interfaces to operating with SMS, messaging APIs, and the Android SDK, what you wish is here.
- Provides transparent directions sponsored through real-world programming examples
- Begins with the fundamentals and covers every thing Android four builders want to know for either smartphones and tablets
- Explains the right way to customise actions and intents, create wealthy person interfaces, and deal with data
- Helps you're employed with SMS and messaging APIs, the Android SDK, and utilizing location-based services
- Details find out how to package deal and submit your purposes to the Android Market
Beginning Android four program Development pares down the main crucial steps you must be aware of so that you can commence growing Android functions today.
Essential interpreting for knowledgeable builders who're made up our minds to grasp the newest unencumber of C++
Although C++ is usually the language of selection from video game programming to significant advertisement software program purposes, it's also the most tricky to grasp. With this no-nonsense e-book, you'll discover ways to triumph over the newest unencumber of C++. the writer deciphers little-known beneficial properties of C++, stocks specific code examples that you should then plug into your personal code, and divulges the numerous alterations to C++ that accompany the most recent unlock. you will find tips on how to layout and construct functions that remedy real-world difficulties after which enforce the answer utilizing the whole services of the language.
Appeals to skilled builders who're searching for the next point of learning
- Drills down the broad adjustments to the most recent C++ normal, C++11, together with improvements made to run-time functionality, usual library, language usability, and middle language
- Zeroes in on explaining the extra poorly understood components of the C++ function set and addresses universal pitfalls to avoid
- Includes case reviews that function large, operating code that has been proven on home windows and Linux platforms
- Intertwines textual content with worthy advice, methods, and workarounds
Packed with most sensible practices for programming, checking out, and debugging functions, this booklet is essential for taking your C++ talents to the following level.
By Peter Norvig
Paradigms of AI Programming is the 1st textual content to educate complicated universal Lisp innovations within the context of creating significant AI platforms. by way of reconstructing genuine, complicated AI courses utilizing state of the art universal Lisp, the ebook teaches scholars and pros the best way to construct and debug powerful useful courses, whereas demonstrating enhanced programming variety and critical AI suggestions. the writer strongly emphasizes the sensible functionality concerns fascinated about writing actual operating courses of important measurement. Chapters on troubleshooting and potency are integrated, besides a dialogue of the basics of object-oriented programming and an outline of the most CLOS services. This quantity is a wonderful textual content for a direction on AI programming, an invaluable complement for common AI classes and an quintessential reference for the pro programmer.
By Alan Harris, Konstantin Haase
Sinatra serves as a light-weight wrapper round Rack middleware, with syntax that maps heavily to capabilities uncovered through HTTP verbs, which makes it excellent for net providers and APIs. when you have adventure development functions with Ruby, you will quick study language basics and spot under-the-hood strategies, with the aid of numerous sensible examples. Then you will get hands-on event with Sinatra via development your personal weblog engine.
- Learn Sinatra's middle strategies, and start by means of construction an easy application
- Create perspectives, deal with periods, and paintings with Sinatra direction definitions
- Become accustomed to the language's internals, and take a more in-depth examine Rack
- Use diversified subclass equipment for construction versatile and strong architectures
- Put Sinatra to paintings: construct a weblog that takes good thing about carrier hooks supplied by means of the GitHub API
By Greg Wilson
How do the specialists resolve tough difficulties in software program improvement? during this precise and insightful ebook, major computing device scientists supply case experiences that display how they discovered strange, conscientiously designed options to high-profile initiatives. it is possible for you to to appear over the shoulder of significant coding and layout specialists to determine difficulties via their eyes. this isn't easily one other layout styles booklet, or one other software program engineering treatise at the correct and other way to do issues. The authors imagine aloud as they paintings via their project's structure, the tradeoffs made in its development, and while it used to be vital to damage principles. attractive Code is a chance for grasp coders to inform their tale. All writer royalties can be donated to Amnesty overseas. tion.
By Rick Parent
Driven by means of call for from the leisure for greater and extra lifelike animation, expertise maintains to conform and enhance. The algorithms and methods in the back of this expertise are the root of this complete booklet, that is written to teach you the basics of animation programming.
In this 3rd variation, the most up-tp-date options are lined besides the speculation and high-level computation that experience earned the publication a name because the top technically-oriented animation source. Key themes corresponding to fluids, hair, and crowd animation were accelerated, and huge new assurance of garments and fabric has been extra. New fabric on simulation presents a extra diversified examine this crucial zone and extra instance animations and bankruptcy initiatives and routines are integrated. also, spline assurance has been increased and new video compression and codecs (e.g., iTunes) are covered.
- Includes better half website with modern animation examples drawn from study and leisure, pattern animations, and instance code
- Describes the major mathematical and algorithmic foundations of animation that offer you with a deep realizing and keep an eye on of technique
- Expanded and new assurance of key subject matters together with: fluids and clouds, textile and garments, hair, and crowd animation
- Explains the algorithms used for direction following, hierarchical kinematic modelling, inflexible physique dynamics, flocking behaviour, particle structures, collision detection, and more
Agile Database Techniques: Effective Strategies for the Agile Software Developer (Wiley Application Development)
By Scott W. Ambler
* Describes Agile Modeling pushed layout (AMDD) and Test-Driven layout (TDD) ways, database refactoring, database encapsulation options, and instruments that help evolutionary concepts* Agile software program builders frequently use item and relational database (RDB) expertise jointly and consequently needs to conquer the impedance mismatch* the writer covers strategies for mapping gadgets to RDBs and for enforcing concurrency regulate, referential integrity, shared company common sense, safeguard entry regulate, stories, and XML* An agile origin describes basic abilities that each one agile software program builders require, fairly Agile DBAs* contains item modeling, UML information modeling, facts normalization, type normalization, and the way to accommodate legacy databases* Scott W. Ambler is writer of Agile Modeling (0471202827), a contributing editor with software program improvement (www.sdmagazine.com), and a featured speaker at software program meetings world wide